Monday, July 20, 2015

Kara Caine

Reclining Buddha at Wat Pho in Bangkok
Sawasdee ka!  My name is Kara Caine and I am a board-certified music therapist and graduate teaching assistant at the University of Kansas pursuing a Master’s in Music Therapy.  Before coming to KU, I was a music therapist and music educator with the Music Therapy Enrichment Center on the West Side of Cleveland for 5 years.  I have undergraduate degrees in music therapy and music education from the College of Wooster in Wooster, Ohio and my clinical internship was at the Fraser School in Minneapolis, an inclusive early childhood center.  I’m excited to be in Thailand with Dr. Register and a wide-ranging group of American and Thai music therapy students; immersion in a different cultural setting among a community of learners will support, challenge and expand my current view of music therapy and allow me to discover the hidden frame through which I see music therapy (and the world!).

No comments:

Post a Comment